Follow The Appleton Rum Trail
This week, Appleton Jamaican Rum begins its three week-long take-over of Sydney to celebrate its heritage, its style and its product: Jamaican rum.
Renowned for its rich taste, quality ingredients, loving preparation methods and quality effects, the Appleton Rum name is now in Australia and for three weekends will take over bars in Sydney CBD and inner-city will be offering customers the opportunity to experience the tastes of Appleton Estate and get taken on a journey of story-telling and discovery. With everything from the origins of the brand through to the unique rum-making process, the venues will be decked out with bespoke styling, signature cocktails, Jamaican music and really help to give the true Jamaican experience.
From all the rum labels out there, Appleton comes to us from the sugar fields of Jamaica and touts the fact that Appleton Estate has the distinction of being the oldest sugar estate and distillery in Jamaica in continuous production. Not a bad wrap.
With a few fancy varietals under its belt, the Appleton name is one of style, diversity, taste and excitement, making for a very welcome breath of fresh air into the alcohol shelves.
- Appleton Estate Signature Blend – The original Appleton Estate rum. Full-bodied and medium-sweet rum, it’s a delicious blend of 15 aged golden rums with a warm honey colour, a lush, fruity aroma, and a rich taste. It’s for everyone and every day, and it’s the perfect way to make ‘just another day’ feel special.
- Appleton Estate Reserve Blend – A rich, complex and sensuous flavour journey. Full-bodied, smooth, and delicately balanced spice and nutty notes, followed by oaky honey, subtle vanilla, and a hint of hazelnut – all wrapped in rich, dried orange peel. It’s reminiscent of a spicy fruitcake. Its finish is balanced, yet lingering with echoes of wood.
- Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old – An extraordinary, constantly evolving taste experience – Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old not only great in cocktails but a superb sipping Rum. It’s the perfect introduction into the Rum category. Expect a deep oak hue infused with fruity, and cocoa notes, followed by delicate molasses, vibrant orange peel, rich vanilla, subtle coffee, a hint of toasted oak and almond. Its finish is bittersweet and luscious.
- Appleton Estate 21 Year Old Jamaica Rum – A unique Jamaican luxury with a copper, tawny hue, with excellent purity, powerful, yet with delicate citrus, spice, and woody notes bouquet and long dry finish with a brown sugar sweetness that does not claw at the palate.
- Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum – The world’s oldest barrel-aged rum, with a gorgeous dark mahogany colour, rich coppery reflections, powerful oak infused bouquet with rich, luxurious vanilla and layered with cinnamon, maple, and orange peel, and an exceptionally smooth with a honeyed oak finish.
The Appleton Trail will kick-off with a takeover of the Village Inn, Paddington from November 20-21, moving to Sweet Hearts Rooftop from November 27-28, with the trail concluded at Taylors Bar in Sydney CBD on December 4-5, 2015.
Latest posts by James Banham (see all)
- See Inside The Block 2016! - October 25, 2016
- Rodd & Gunn’s Not Just Doing Clothes Anymore… - October 25, 2016
- How Eating 5.4 Means Never Having To Think About Food Again - October 23, 2016