Top 5 cocktails to see out summer
Summer is almost over (cue sad face) and that means less sun, more clothes, no more beach and a sad farewell to summer, fresh, fruity cocktails you can’t stop drinking. Cruel world.
So, to make the most of the last hurrah that is the end of February, here are the top five cocktails from some of Sydney’s top restaurants and bars to make at home and see out the season in less-than-surreptitiously summery style.
Summer Spritz @ Bar Machiavelli
- 50ml Aperol infused with cardamom
- 15ml Pomegranate liqueur
- Dash of Apple Cider
- Top with bubbles
Method: Pour ingredients over ice and top with fresh orange, lemon and strawberries. Serve in a large bowl-style wine glass & garnish with fresh basil – then Enjoy!
Belafonte Spritz @ Bistro Moncur Mosman
- 30ml Tanqueray Gin
- 15ml Fresh Lemon
- 22.5ml Vasse Felix Cane Cut Semillon
- Dash Soda
- Top w/ Prosecco
- Dehydrated Grapefruit Edible Flowers
Build all ingredients into glass, add ice, garnish & enjoy!
Watermelon & Rose Martini @ Catalina
- Watermelon chunks
- 3-4 Rose Tea Buds
- 45ml Belvedere Vodka
- 15ml Sugar Syrup 1:1
Fill a third of the mixing glass with watermelon chunks and the rose tea buds then muddle. Combine all other ingredients into the mixing glass, then add ice to the tin and shake vigorously. Strain through a tea strainer into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with a few rose tea buds.
Frose @ Catalina Rose Bay
- Frozen Rose Wine (pour some rose wine into plastic takeaway containers, and freeze)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Sugar Syrup 1:1
Combine ingredients into a blender, adding sugar syrup to taste.
Poseidon cocktail @ 1821 Restaurant
- Metaxa 45ml
- Aperol 30ml
- Lemon 15ml
- Maple Syrup 10ml
- Mint 4-5 leaves
- Start by adding ice into the glass to fill it half way
- Pour in 45ml of Metaxa
- Followed by 30ml of Aperol
- Add 15ml of squeezed lemon juice
- Drizzle 10ml of Maple Syrup through the glass
- Give the glass two-three swirls to mix
- Top with 4-5 teared mint leaves
Latest posts by James Banham (see all)
- The latest sneaker store to hit Melbourne is open - April 28, 2017
- How Baileys will make your Mother’s Day amazing this year - April 27, 2017
- Neil Perry’s top tips for Mother’s Day - April 26, 2017